Medical Group, Keystone Radiology, is proud to announce the introduction of our new ultrasound service offering in Tzaneen.
Keystone Radiology is a modern and innovative radiology service provider, with a strong community focus and Radiologist, Dr Pieter Henning, says the group is committed to providing superior diagnostic services to patients.
‘Our highly specialised personnel provide referring doctors and patients with fast delivery of both radiology services and reporting. This modality assists doctors in the process of diagnosis and decision making, by taking diagnosis from intuition to precision. We are, therefore, proud to introduce our highly skilled Sonographer, Adien Nel, to Tzaneen and the surrounding community,’ he says.
’ she says
Adien Nel, with more than 15 years’ experience in sonography, is no stranger to the area, having spent most of her childhood and adult life in Tzaneen.
‘I am very passionate about my work, as it is a very interesting and challenging field to specialize in. It is really rewarding to engage with my patients and assist them with the various services they need,’ she says.
Specialised ultrasound services at the new Tzaneen practice include 4D Scans, Vascular, Musculoskeletal, as well as Abdominal, Pelvic and Small Parts ultrasound.
After the X-ray test, sonography or an ultrasound is the most used diagnostic imaging technique. Nel says sonography is no longer only used for pregnancies, but for a whole array of diagnoses.
‘We offer 4-D ultrasounds, giving mothers a glimpse of how their child will look. But sonography is mostly used to assess much more than pregnancy. Abdominal ultrasound is a safe radiation free way of looking at the abdominal organs and can diagnose various serious conditions such as kidney stones, gallstones, liver disease, aortic aneurysms, enlarged organs and many more,’ Nel explains.
Nel says they are looking forward to working closely with referring doctors in the area and to ensure a multidisciplinary approach to patient treatment. The new practice is located at Unit 5 Ivory Tusk Medical Suite, 75 Douglas Road, just across from Mediclinic.
For more information contact us on 087 055 0587(option9) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a booking
- Goldman, Laura. Health Reference. Insider. [Online] 25 September 2020. https://www.insider.com/what-is-diabetes.
- Ernst, Holly. Healthline. [Online] 2018. [Cited: 22 10 2020.] https://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes#takeaway.
- Javed Anwar, Muhammad Omer Aamir, Sanaullah, Zeeshan ul Hasnain Imdad, Ishrat Parveen, Nasreen Yousaf. ncbi. Pubmed.com. [Online] Oct-Dec 2015. [Cited: 22 10 2020.] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27004328/#:~:text=Background%3A%20Diabetes%20mellitus%20is%20a,crystals%20all%20sit%20well%20togethe.
- GP care. [Online] [Cited: 22 10 2020.] https://www.gpcare.org.uk/cms/documents/Abdomen_and_Pelvis_Ultrasound_Scan_Preparation.pdf.
- Watson, Stephanie. Healthline. [Online] 20 Feb 2020. [Cited: 22 10 220.] https://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes#:~:text=Diabetes%20mellitus%2C%20commonly%20known%20as,the%20insulin%20it%20does%20make.